- Pattern Observer offers expert-led courses, peer support, and exclusive industry resources for designers breaking into the textile design industry
- Michelle wanted to make sure the community appealed to and converted the right kind of members - engaged, long-haul designers who are driven to grow and succeed
- Uncovered that members loved the content, but had difficulty navigating the site. They were creating and sharing their own unofficial user manuals to work around it, which pointed to a barrier to retention
- Shift Michelle’s focus and energy from marketing to creating new premium content for her community and give her away from the office
- Reduce the number of marketing campaigns while increasing Textile Design Lab memberships
Started tracking member lifecycle, and found a previously unnoticed retention problem. We worked to reduce churn, and improve the member experience to increase membership length.
increase in net monthly member growth within 6 months
The community now hosts 2,700 members and was growing by 30–40 members per month at the end of our engagement
Michelle’s advertising costs dropped, and during her last campaign, Michelle earned $17 for every $1 she spent on ads
Negotiated her first strategic partnership with a leading industry event company. This paved the way for new professional opportunities for members and increased visibility for the community
“I’ve seen a lot more engagement, our numbers are growing, and we’re finally making the most of the money we’ve invested in advertising.
I want to create more opportunities for designers. I’m hoping to grow the Pattern Observer to a place where we can bring in new designers and help them get their start in the industry through our own studio. Cliqueworthy's insights are a great complement to my own process.”
Read Other Case Study highlights
Founded the Health Coach Collective, a community for health and wellness entrepreneurs to get support and guidance as they build their businesses
Amy grew her community from 0 to 2,798 in 6 months and sold out her first launch. Her collective has since grown to more than 11,500 members.
Founded the Career Club, a community that helps mid- to executive-level job seekers land ideal work through storytelling
Kerri Twigg increased her impact with a community that served thousands of mid- to executive-level job seekers every month.
Dr. Jason Marr
Founded Campfire Medicine, one of the top continuing education communities for naturopathic medicine professionals in Canada.
Dr. Marr launched his community with two sold-out launches and attracted multiple 5-figure sponsorships.
Founded the Create Your Purpose Collective, a community for female entrepreneurs who are aligning their business with their deeper purpose, to prevent burnout and increase joy
Quinn went from relying on time-consuming 1:1 services to 93% of her revenue now coming from her community.
Founded the Drama-Free Design Collective, a community that teaches freelance designers how to elevate their design process and client experience.